We’ve scoured the shelves for great-tasting, nutritious products and selected our favourites to make your weekly shop easier…
1. Debbie & Andrew’s Flexilicious Super Sausages, from £2/400g, Asda
Spicy beef, veg and pulses make a delicious halfway house for sausage fans wanting to cut their meat intake. Gluten and dairy free.
Per 63g sausage: 118kcal, 5.5g fat, 2.2g saturates, 2.5g sugars, 0.6g salt
2. Squirrel Sisters Raw Snack Bar, £2.49/2 x 20g, Boots, Holland & Barrett
Rich and chocolatey, these bars contain nothing but good stuff: fruit, nuts and no added sugar. What a treat!
Per 20g bar (Cacao Brownie): 82kcal, 4.3g fat, 1.3g saturates, 6.8g sugars, 0g salt
3. Forest Feast Smart & Hearty Snack Sized dried fruits, £1.99/100g, widely available
The softest and juiciest dried fruit we’ve tried, with no added sugars. Mix with unsalted nuts for a satisfying snack.
Per 30g (apricots): 63kcal, 0.2g fat, 0g saturates, 14.4g sugars, 0g salt
4. The Saucy Fish Co. Fish & Sauce Salmon with Chilli, Lime & Ginger Dressing, £4/260g (2 fillets), Sainsbury’s
Cook straight from the freezer, add the Asian-style sauce and serve with steamed frozen veg for an easy supper.
Per cooked fillet: 259kcal, 14.3g fat, 2g saturates, 7.9g sugars, 0.5g salt
5. Whey Box, £14.99/monthly subscription or £16.99 for one box of 10 sachets, wheybox.com
No-added-sugar protein sachets ideal for fitties on the go. Each provides 22g protein (almost half a woman’s daily needs).
Per sachet (Coconut): 126kcal, 2.6g fat, 1.9g saturates, 1.7g sugars, 0.1g salt
6. Delamere Dairy Sheep Cheese, £3.75/150g, Ocado, health food shops
This sheep’s cheese has less fat and saturated fat than standard cow’s milk cheddar. We love the mild, clean flavour.
Per 25g serving l 96kcal l 7.6g fat l 4.3g saturates l 0.2g sugars l 0.5g salt
7. Flahavan’s Irish Porridge Oats, £2.59/10 x 35g sachets, Waitrose
Properly creamy oats in handy portions, so you can still satisfy your porridge craving when time is short.
Per 35g sachet (made with 190ml water): 130kcal, 2g fat, 0.4g saturates, 0.3g sugars, 0g salt
8. Pack’d Frozen Smoothie Kits, £3.50/2 x 140g, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Planet Organic
Whiz up a refreshing snack and get one of your five-a-day with these all-natural frozen fruit and veg smoothie mixes.
Per 140g kit (Defence): 97kcal, 1.4g fat, 0.2g saturates, 14g sugars, 0g salt
9. Baxters Vegetarian Green Lentil & Tomato soup, £1.10/400g, widely available
Proof that soup from the shelf can pack in the veg: get three of your five-a-day in this hearty low-fat lunch.
Per 400g can: 228kcal, 1.2g fat, 0g saturates, 11.2g sugars, 2.4g salt
10. The Laughing Cow Extra Light Cheese Spread, £1.35/8 triangles, widely available
Those tasty triangles just got more tempting – only 20 calories each, plus you get a dose of bone-building calcium.
Per triangle: 20kcal, 0.4g fat, 0.2g saturates, 1.1g sugars, 0.3g salt
11. M&S Signature Fish Selection, £4/190g
Authentic sushi is hard to find in supermarkets, but M&S has upped its game using proper wasabi and quality cured fish. So good…
Per pack: 289kcal, 6.9g fat, 1.4g saturates, 46.4g sugars, 9.3g protein, 1.3g salt